Two times this week God put me where I needed to be to help someone in need.
I am always in awe when I see God working in my life, and especially when He uses me to help someone else! I do what I can for those around me, but in these cases, I did not know the people I got to help. And it is then that I truly know that I am one of God's children, working His deeds here on earth. And it is so humbling. To be used by Him!
Earlier this week, I was able to help someone who simply had no food for her family. For her children. I am so very thankful that over the last year I've been given the knowledge I would need for that day. And the means. I had the means to help her. I am so very very Blessed to be able to help someone like that! When I think of all of the things that had to happen to put me in that place, at that time... it is truly amazing.
The second time was much more subtle. A friend from church needed someone to read for her in church this morning. I was already teaching Sunday school, so it was absolutely no problem for me to fill in. I don't ever mind reading at church. I love it. And today, the only thing different was a couple new to church - people who I'd never seen before. (We have a very small congregation, so it's easy to know if someone is visiting.) After the service, the man came up to me and thanked me for my reading. I hope that through the reading I did, I was able to help him hear something. I welcomed him to the church, and he was on his way. I was struck with how he said it to me when he left. He seemed genuinely grateful for what he had heard in our little church today, and if I could be any part of helping him, what a wonderful gift to me! Again, thankful that I was put where I needed to be, when God needed me.
I know that neither of these seem "big" to most people. But if there is one thing that I've learned over the last few years, it's that we make a lot more impact on people than we realize. In good and bad ways. I've tried to learn to listen, to see more. I think that God used me this week. To reach two people in need, with very different needs. And I am very grateful to be able to do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment