So this weekend is my 25th high school class reunion. That's a big number. Hard to believe it's really been that long. It's our 3rd reunion, and due to some very special company coming from out of town, I will not be able to attend. And as social as I am, that is a sad thing for me. But last night we had a casual get together after the game, and I was able to see a large number of my former classmates, catching up on our lives.
It is so wonderful to be able to reconnect after 5 years, as if really nothing has changed. Social networking has changed "reunions" as they are, because honestly, it is to easy to stay in contact with everyone. But you can't beat being able to sit around, and laugh, and share. And we did a LOT of that last night.
This afternoon, a handful of my closer friends are coming over to enjoy some memories over appetizers and drinks. There will be photo albums, and year books, and a new baby to enjoy! I cannot tell you how much it means to me - to have them come over to visit - being I cannot be there tonight. It will be much more intimate, and I cannot wait to see them all. Among us - someone I have not seen since we graduated, recently reconnected via facebook. Someone fighting (and winning) stage 4 cancer. New parents, with a beauty of an adopted daughter we all get to meet. And all good friends, who will gather to reconnect and catch up. Recipe for a wonderful afternoon.
As for recipes - I am making a roasted eggplant dip, the rye bread is done, and I'll roast some chickpeas to snack on. We'll open a couple of bottles of wine, and go through some coffee too I'm sure.
Another weekend full of Blessings. Friends are such Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment