As my avid readers know, I am a walker. I walk to work, either at the store, or school. I walk to the library, the store, church, and everywhere in between here in our little town. (To some - I'm the crazy lady with the back pack)...
One of the perks is experiencing the walk. Enjoying the sun on my face. The cold, crisp air. And the smell... of fall.
I love the smell of fall. Of the fallen leaves, the wet earth. That smell takes me back to the woods - either the woods at our school forest - or the woods up north at the family cabin. Both powerful, wonderful memories that are triggered when I smell fall.
On the way home tonight, after a 10 hour day, my feet were hurting, and I was tired. But when I smelled fall, that all fell away. It didn't matter. It was all I needed as a reminder, to be thankful for the Blessings ALL around me.
God is so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment