I love some of the conversations that come out of facebook. Today, I have several friends discussing parental guidance, and raising children.
I am extremely proud of both my children. My daughter, age 20, is off at college becoming her own woman. She is becoming a responsible, caring adult, and I am so proud. My son is 15, and is also maturing into an amazing human being. Today was one of those days when I realized just how amazing he is becoming.
This morning he had a couple of appointments to go to before heading to school. So we headed off for town, chatting about the upcoming homecoming festivities, bullying, books, and just about anything I could come up with. While walking into the clinic, my 15 yr old son automatically went ahead of me to get the door. every time. He waited for others to go before him in line at the counter. While waiting, he sat and read. We had breakfast in between appointments, and when I dropped him off at school, he thanked me again for breakfast.
For me, the hard work of raising children is paying off. In two amazing children, who both volunteer at various organizations. Not because they have to "log hours" for something, but because that is who they are. They let others go first. They open doors for others. They help people. Without thinking twice. They say please, and thank you.
And I love it all.
and them.
very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment