Sunday, September 23, 2012

the crazy backpack lady....

One of the perks of giving up my high profile corporate job was the commute. I used to drive 20 miles to work. Now I walk 12 minutes.

I LOVE my walk to and from work. On days when I'm working all day, I even walk home for lunch and back. On short days, I get about 25 minutes of extra exercise and fresh air, and on long days - almost an hour! I get to see sunrises, and sunsets, and beautiful clouds. I clear my head, work my heart, and breathe.

I wear a black leather backpack, taking in it my calendar, wallet, etc., and using it in case I pick up any groceries to bring home.

So every day, I can be seen around town, walking to work (or to school, or the library...I walk everywhere!)

Yesterday at work there was an unfamiliar face in the store, asking questions. I chatted with her, talking about the store, about Pittsville, etc., and explained that I walked to work.

She exclaimed "do you wear a backpack??? I've SEEN you!"

It was then that I realized I had become that "crazy backpack lady" who walks everywhere.

And it made me smile.

Could be worse things I guess!

No comments: