I don't often post about tv shows. Last night I had the youth group over for a meeting, so I missed Desperate Housewives. I've been watching that show since its start, and am very sad watching the series wind down. Really hadn't thought about watching it online, until I saw a post by my neice about it. So I took some time this Monday morning and watched it. I cried the entire time. Don't think of me as shallow and stupid, crying for a tv drama. Don't judge. :-)
I am one of those people who sees shows dealing with tragedy, and it's very hard for me not to think about what I would do in the same situation. Lucky for me, I don't live on Wisteria lane, and my life is far from that of the characters.
But with the series winding down, the writers decided to kill off one of the husbands. One of the good guys. And watching that character try to come to grips with the reality of her husband's death, and of her young son now growing up without a dad, and of his friends as they remember all of the good times... it is just too much.
So I am taking this time to write about how much I love MY husband. The irony is, I often use DH when talking about him (dear hubby), and today's post is DH for the show.
If I'd thought about what I was looking for in a husband twenty years ago, I would never have described my DH. Lucky for ME, I didn't know what I wanted or needed, and didn't screw up! Ken is one of those stable, loving, funny, GOOD guys. A good Christian. A good dad. A good son. A good guy. Helps people out when they need it. Takes CARE of us.
I don't know what I'll do if I have to ever say goodbye to him on this earthly world. Life here just wouldn't be the same without him. I love him with my soul. He IS my better half. As he said the day he proposed "it's like before I met you, I was only half a person, but together, we are whole". So I would be missing my other half.
It's episodes like this one that make you realize that we can't take ANY day for granted. That we need to be loving those around us like every day is the last. Make the most of all that we have together. Because those days make those memories that will get us through anything.
And most of all, I thank God, for the Blessing he has given me in Ken. A crazy road my life had to take to get me to him, but I'm here, and for that I am so very thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment