Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Another Blessed day...

I am sure that there are people out there who think that my positive attitude is "exaggerated", or an act. To those people I wish that they could find the Blessings in everyday life that I have.

I haven't always been this way. In my core, I think I have been, but there have been many times in my life where life got in the way of me being who I am deep down. I love life. I am thankful for all of the Blessings that God has enriched my life with. I take the ups with the downs, knowing that everying in my life has a purpose, and is part of His plan. I think that quitting last October has really allowed my inner me to shine again.

Today was a perfect example. Busy all morning, I uploaded and ordered pictures for scrapbooking, baked bread, cooked a Mexican dinner, picked up the living room, and then took time to run some errands. Being a beautiful day (outrageous at this time of year in WI - upper sixties!), I walked. We live in a small town, so walking is NOT a big deal. Great excuse to take time for some exercise, get fresh air, AND get my errands done.
So I headed out to my first stop - the library. Needed my next book club book, and thought I should get it ordered. So I headed in - to browse. Didn't see the book in the fiction section, so I picked up a gardening book to browse through this weekend, and headed to the counter. When I asked her to order the book, she realized they had one - in a different section - and went to get it for me. SCORE! Chatted with the librarian, got my reading material, and headed off to the bank.

Of course I know the bank teller (small town, remember), so we chatted about gardens, the weather, and all that good neighbor talk while she cashed my checks. Then I was off to the post office, where too - both the workers are acquaintances, so we chatted about the world as I got my stamps. It's amazing how those small interactions can put a smile on my face.

The walk home was beautiful - sun shining, birds all over. Days like this, as simple as walking around town doing errands, are to me a great Blessing. It is a Blessing that I've been able to move to part time work. It's a Blessing that we live in this amazing little town. It's a Blessing that the library had my book on the shelf.

So many people rush through life missing all of these Blessings. They expect things, assume things, and demand them. When what we all NEED to do is be thankful for them.

No comments: