Thursday, February 26, 2009

plumber butt and more random thoughts....

For some reason my mind is swimming with dozens of observations I've mentally noted in the last two weeks.

I have seen two HORRIBLY graphic examples of plumber butt in the last two weeks. And it makes me wonder. Do they know? Has anyone ever showed them what it looks like? Maybe if we took a picture, they would understand. It's something I really have no want of seeing, yet miraculously they are always right in front of your face.....

FAITH. Last night was Ash Wednesday. I have been gone for the last three weekends, unable to go to church. So I made sure that I could get there last night. It's amazing to me how renewing it is just to go to church. I have noticed my mentality, my moods, my life in general has been tense these last three weeks. I, as a person, NEED community worship. It cleanses me. Thank you, Pastor Tom, for inspiring me like no other. For cleansing my soul, and for making me new again. For being the voice that brings me The Word, and makes me better.

Snow... It is supposed to start snowing here around 2pm. Yet at 9am, they called school to close at noon. Ok. Maybe I'm missing something. But it hasn't even STARTED to snow yet. The sun is shining, and it's beautiful out. According to radar, it's about in LaCrosse. I'm pretty sure that when we were kids, we wouldn't be out of school for a "proposed" snow storm on the way. And this isn't the first time it's happened!!! Snow boots anyone?

Basketball. Basketball (BB) has been all over my life lately. Saw the Bucks beat the Nuggets on Sunday. WOOHOO. Daughter is playing in the regional semi finals tomorrow (was postponed - due to the "proposed" snow). Son is playing in tourneys every weekend, which are by far the highlight of the week, as we parents get to hang out all weekend long....

Well, that's enough for now. Random thoughts - no question there.

No comments: