Oh, to start with a cliche. Sorry about that. But as I sit here on a Friday night, finishing off a ridiculously hectic week, I'm struck by the irony that my week held. In several (I think four) separate occassions, it was a very hard week at work. Personnel issues, review writing, etc. Just very busy. And yet what I take home from this week is the pure laughter we experienced throughout the week. Laughing at ourselves for losing our minds, laughing at stories of children and grandchildren, and laughing at each other.
I work with amazing people. Even after having really hard face to face talks about not-s0-good issues, I was able to have an amazing meeting with a coworker that started and ended in genuine laughter.
I have an awesome friend at work, one that is a true confidant, and she and I have laughed more this week (in between frustrations) than we have in months. It's been a hard last few months. And it finally feels like we're back in the groove. I can't thank her enough for what her friendship means to me. On a daily basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment