Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Finding missy....

I can't believe how bad I've been at keeping up this blog. It's not that my life is so busy, it's that I've had it out of my sight, and thus, out of mind.

I am in a place right now - or should I say in between? I'm trying to find my new identity. I no longer am the martyr child taking every lunch to dote on father. I have this strange "un presence" in my life. An hour in the middle of the day with no committments. I'm a drifter, a wanderer. Homeless for that one hour.

I've decided NOT to buy my parents home. I had plans on doing that - which would have given me something to do at noon. But I need to NOT be pulled in a million directions. I need to be ME. Wife, Mother, Homemaker, Manager, ME>

Let's take a look at this week so far. Yesterday at noon I went to the MALL. I can't tell you the last time I went to the MALL. I went to a store that is closing and got some clothes for my son. It was so FUN!

Today I went downtown. Window shopped - finding a brand new party supply store (a great find!). Then I made an appointment for a hair cut/color at the new day spa (something I've been meaning to do since they opened), and then I went to the coffee shop, where I had yummy minestrone for lunch and read my book.

I have to say that I am torn about this new lack of identity. It's only an hour a day. But it's already seeming strange to me. We'll see where it goes. I've written for information on an MBA program through the local college - figuring I can get that on my plate too.

It's a rite of passage I presume, having put dad into the home, I all of a sudden don't have the daily worry. Weird. New. Transitionary. We'll see!

No comments: