I had the opportunity this morning to begin my day at a seminar about stress management, and the holistic approach. The point was simple. All of our "beings" are connected - our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. Being balanced as a whole is managing our health. Being holistically healthy.
In the seminar, she brought up that studies are being done to show that mental/emotional/spirtual health are directly related to our susceptibility to disease, and how we fight that disease.
A case in point. A good friends mother just went under quadruple bypass. And she's doing really well - improving quickly. This woman is the most balanced I think I know. Being a social worker, she is in tune to emotional health, and she's just "got it all together" that way. I really admire her. I truly feel she will recoup quickly, as her outlook (i.e. the spiritual/emotional/mental heath part of her) is so strong and healthy.
I just found out that a good friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. And she is a complete type a - under ridiculous stress at work, and at home. And I truly worry about her ability to fight this - as I don't see her whole being being in balance, in sync, and healthy. I hope that I can guide her into a better place emotionally, so that she can better fight this.
In those two women I see a completely different outcome - solely based on the state of their being. There is so much truth in holistic health. On our attitude. On our outlook on life. On how we handle the stress given to us on a daily basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment