I've learned that little changes can make a huge impact. About a year ago, I decided it was time to take my life back - and I'm doing it piece by piece.
There are so many aspects to me. Things that I enjoy doing, hobbies, passions. And over the years, small bits and pieces have been lost. But I'm very consciously trying to bring some of those pieces back into my life, while not overwhelming myself.
I play the violin. I love the violin. After the birth of my second child, I quit the amateur symphony I played in, and my violin went under the bed. Well, I went to the store and bought some fun pieces that I can play - just to play. While I still don't have time to commit to every Thur night and concerts, there is no reason why I shouldn't be playing for myself!
I enjoy writing. That's why I started this blog. I started a book years ago. Might dig it out one day, but that has probably "expired". So I've started writing regular columns in our company newsletter and our church newsletter. Nothing big, but a place I get to be creative and keep my writing alive...
I love reading. So I started a book club. Don't have a lot of spare time, so I started one at work, where we meet once a month on our lunch hour. We're there anyway. It's a great reason to pick up books I normally wouldn't know about, and enjoy good conversation with coworkers that I normally don't interact with a lot.
I need to remember these things. I have a tendency to get down on myself. These things are all steps I've taken to try to regain my identity. One step at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment