Tuesday, January 15, 2008

today

I haven't been writing much, but there is so much going on in my life right now it's just tough to even get a chance to hit the internet. I haven't ck'd my yahoo account in days.. I can only imagine what it looks like.

Been busy - as usual - with work, church, home, and the kids.

Work is nuts. But lately I've felt that it is going really well. I feel like people actually listen to me when I speak. I feel like they're starting to put more value in my knowledge, my opinions. They're giving me bigger boundaries. I work more with more departments. The downside - haven't gotten a promotion or raise, just more work. The upside - they're sending me to a food show, either Chicago or New York. Man, do I hope it's New York. I'm in Chicago several times a year - it's great, but it's not New York. I had to hire a new full timer - and interviewed 11 people for the job. I ended up promoting a part time person - on a gut instinct. I hope I don't get burned. So far, so good.

Church - I'm busy putting together the year end numbers for the annual report. Council is tomorrow, so I'll be up all night tonight finishing. Just like finals week in college. Nothing has changed. I still procrastinate. That's just who I am.

Home is going well. Actually had friends over to crop on Saturday all day and I pulled a selfish moment. I don't do it often. But I was supposed to go to a surprise party for a dad of one of my son's team mates. Great guy - but very slight connection. I called my "date" (another mom) and cancelled, so that my friends could stay and crop longer. One of my goals for 2008 is to do the things I truly love, not things just because I feel obligated. And I'm so glad I did. My friends stayed really late - and we had a blast.

Personally - I've been really good about walking on my treadmill. I love walking. I can only imagine how goofy I am, as my walk changes with the different songs on my Ipod. My dd loaded it for me - so it's quite the variety. I'm a vision, I'm sure - walking to Fegalicious - arms swinging to the music.

But I am trying to stay active. Still have some emotional eating - late at night - which I'm not sure how to curb. But one thing at a time. My goal is to ad .05 miles each week. This week I'm walking 1.25 every night. Once that habit is fully enstated, I will start on the others.

So far for 08, I'm doing ok. I'm working hard at work - taking pride in what I do - and staying on top of church things - - reading a great book, scrapbooking, spending time with the kids and family, and trying to get healthy. January 15th, two weeks in.

Until later....

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like you're off to a GREAT start! I miss you tons and if we lived closer together we would walk together ALL THE TIME - as well as scrapbook!

Keep up the GREAT work!

Love ya!