Friday, January 11, 2008

young love

Last night was an amazing evening. I took the night "off" from working at home, or working on the church books, because it was dh's first day off in 6 of being on the night shift. Both kids were gone off and on throughout the night, to practices, and then to games. In between shuffling them around, it started to snow. When I made the last pilgrimage to the school, around 9pm, the snow was coming down. It was beautiful. No wind, warm out (ok, I'd had a glass of Kirsch - it was probably colder than I knew...), and a clear night.

When I got home, I convinced my dh to take a moonlight walk in the snow with me. Throwing a sweatshirt over my pjs, we headed out, walking arm in arm through the falling snow. All was quiet on the street - and it was beautiful. It was a great evening - just the two of us. And the look on our dd's face was priceless. "You're going for a walk NOW?". I hope that someday she finds someone that she loves to spend time with as much as we do. 12 years and counting, and we're still hopelessly in love.

No comments: