It's been a long time since i've written, so I decided I needed to take some time to do so. That's the best part of this blog. It's brought my journaling back.
Christmas where I work is hell. We are a fourth quarter company. I have Sundays off, but we're working 6 day weeks, 11-12 hour days. Good, because busy is good at this time of year, but it wears on me. Even more, the older I get. I have found I need more down time, I need more sleep. I've found myself vegging in front of the tv for no apparent reason. I'm aging.
I will say that this is the best Christmas we've had as a family. I've had days with both kids and the dh shopping and looking at all the Christmas stuff. I've baked cookies with friends. I've gone out for drinks. I have several dinner dates - with different friends. I have girlfriends coming over after the basketball game Friday for Irish Coffees. We've been celebrating our families, and our friendships, which is so important.
I heard a song on the radio today - about how 100 years flies by. To live each moment, each breath. How true that is. It is so important to live life. With no regrets. Life is too short.
In the last three weeks, my father in law has been put into a nursing home following a quadruple bypass. His best friend has died of cancer. A friend's father has died. A friend's HUSBAND has died. It is SO important to cherish every day we have on this earth. Life is a gift. A Blessing from God. It needs to be treated that way.
Live life. LOVE life.
A couple of quotes I have on my wall here at work:
*Never confuse having a career with having a life.
*When you relinquish the desire to control your future, you obtain happiness.
*Life is too short to wake up with regrests. So Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
these, my dear friends, are my words for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment