I live in Wisconsin. I was born and raised here, left for four years of college, and returned. And I'm one of those people who loves the changing seasons. And yes, I love the snow. To me, there is nothing more beautiful than the morning after a big snow. Winter blue sky, sun shining, and brand new (clean) snow everywhere you look.
We had a great snow a few weeks back, and it's been cold enough to keep it. We LIVE for this. Sledding, snowboarding, making snowmen. It just doesn't get any better. This week was a little warm, and it started to melt. But Saturday fixed all that!
We had our church Christmas program (another blog!) on Saturday, and by the time we left church that night, the snow had begun to fall. And it kept falling......
By Sunday morning, we had about 10 of fresh snow, and another 4-5 fell throughout the day on Sunday. It's JUST BEAUTIFUL. We had the fireplace going, good friends to share the day with, drinking homemade apple pie liquor. The snow just kept falling, and BLOWING. Beautiful drifts, artwork in its own sense.
Today everyone is digging out. It's Christmas Eve, and I hope people arrive wherever they need to go safely. But a White Christmas we will have!
No comments:
Post a Comment