Tuesday, May 28, 2013

red lipstick crafting~

This post came across my facebook wall today, thanks to a dear crafting friend.

It's ok if you need to read it again.

no, seriously.

Take it all in. Slowly. Savor each thought. It's beautiful, in its 1949 domestic way.

And honestly, with what happened when I tried to raise my sewing machine from the dead last month, I am thinking this would not have been a bad way to go - you know - good Karma, and all of that.

I'm all for this. And I mean that. Dressing up for your sewing machine. Doing up your hair. Donning the red lipstick.

But then I've ALWAYS been a fan of red lipstick. Even when others think it's not necessary. But let me explain. Because as you all know, everything in my life comes with a story.

About 3 or 4 years ago, I was scrapbooking at a retreat house with several dear friends. As is typical when paper crafting, the air had gotten dry, and thus - my lips. They were parched. So I headed to my bedroom to get some chapstick, only to find that all I had was lipstick. Dark red lipstick. Knowing my "good" lipstick was high quality, and would have moisturizer, I put the lipstick on and headed back to the crafting room.

I resumed my spot, never thinking another thought about the lipstick until my friends started to notice. I hadn't thought about the fact that I was in pajamas for the 2nd day in a row, hadn't worn any makeup that day, and hadn't fixed my hair.

BUT I WAS WEARING MY LIPSTICK!

Needless to say, we had one heckuva laugh about that lipstick, and true to the friends that they are, they all donned some too. It's kind of become our signature now - and this beautiful, sincere post just solidifies its importance.

Because I'm just a red lipstick kind of lady.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

I don't think I put on any lipstick, it was you other fools

Mrs. Sanken said...

I think I have a picture that would prove you wrong Carmen.