Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

It was four years ago today that I had to say goodbye to my mom. It's so hard to believe that it has been that long. I've been thinking lately about all of the things that she taught me, from how to do laundry, to how to plant a seed in the garden, to how to have patience with my own children.

I'm very sad that I only had my mom for 36 years. Not a day goes by when I don't have something I want to ask her, or something I want to share with her. But I also know that in those 36 years, she taught me how to be a good person. How to be a mom. And a wife. And a friend.

I don't know if she knew it or not, but through how she lived her life, she led me to who I am today. Little things, like always, always, always giving all she could - if it was money to a cause, or baked goods to an event, mom always gave. She always put herself last, others first.

Happy Mother's Day mom. I miss you so much. Above all, I just want you to know I'm trying - to make you proud. To be that person you were trying to mold me into. I love you!

No comments: