Today is my daughter's last day of school. Since they were able to drive, they've all gotten up early on this day (5am early) to drive 35 miles to go to Ihop for breakfast before school. Today was no different. So on today, this last day of school, I took a picture, in the same spot I always took the first day of school picture, to always remember this day. And then, as the girls poured their coffees, and headed out to the day, I kept snapping.
I love the friends that she has made over the years. And I love that they made traditions like this to remember forever. I am going to miss those kids, and those traditions, but can't wait to hear about the new friends, and the new traditions, as she heads off to college.
The sun is now up, already 5:30. Coffee in hand, listening to the birds. It's a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment