Friday, September 21, 2007

Family

Ok, so last night was just one of those really great family nights. Goofy stuff, everyone laid back and enjoying. But my poor daughter got the brunt of it.

It is homecoming week in our little town, and each night they have been out tp'ing, carousing, and having good old fashioned small town fun. Last night she had an away volleyball game, far enough away that we couldn't get there in time to watch. So the three of us stayed home.

I, on the way home, came up with a brilliant idea to make her homecoming even more special... We (I should say I) tp'd her BEDROOM. Beautiful, and artistic, if I do say so myself. Draped from the ceiling fan, hanging in the closet... a true work of art.

Upon returning home, I was "sleeping" in my bedroom. She entered her room, immediately blaming dad. "Don't you look at me, I had nothing to do with it." After we all got a good laugh, we went to bed. (Or so I thought.)

Turns out she is definitely my daughter. I woke up to find my coffee pot and purse saran'd! She woke with a smile, "don't mess with me, mom". I'm so proud...........

No comments: