Sunday, November 26, 2017

the curse....of my early rising self

I very rarely sleep in. Not because I set an alarm and force myself to, but because after about 6 or 7 hours, if I am woken by anything, ever so slight, I am up.

I have learned to embrace this curse as of late, enjoying my mornings. Spending time reading, stretching, enjoying my coffee, and waking with the world. It really is a gift - the quiet of the sleeping household.

Today was no different. As my husband left for work and kissed me goodbye, I knew my day had begun. So I have read several chapters in my current novel, and am close to finishing my first pot of coffee. I have printed a few recipes to try and have all of my supplies pulled for a couple of Christmas decorating pinterest ideas I wanted to try. (Future blog I am sure - pinterest success or pinterest fail - no one knows!)

So both days this weekend, when I had NO plans, I did not sleep in until daylight, I didn't lounge in bed like they do in the movies. No breakfast or coffee in bed. I am up, and embracing the day, like I do most days.

Such is the curse.

No comments: