There are multiple days a week that I am putting in 14+ hours at the café.
But it is my dream.
I am living my dream.
And while it is a lot of work, I am loving (almost) every minute of it. I get to cook for people, make them happy. I have a ridiculous circle of loyal customers - that I love dearly - and look forward to seeing every day. I am literally living my dream. Not many people can say that.
I am ridiculously Blessed.
But it is a lot of work. :)
And I've completely thrown my life balance out of whack, and am just now trying to make a few lists of what needs to be done to get that balance back in check. You know the saying....the first step is admitting you have a problem. ;)
In my out-of-balance existence I do miss some very important parts of my life.
- I miss reading. BC (before the café) I read multiple books a month.... and I miss taking time to read.
- I miss writing, blogging.
- I missed working in my gardens. (Hopefully they will forgive me come spring!)
- I missed crafting/scrapbooking.
- I miss my yarn
It appears that I've given up the creative side of my brain (aside from the cooking creativity I get to do now), and I think it's time I start giving it some priority. My brain needs to rest.
So there you have it. I here vow to work harder at working less and doing a few of these things that I love so dearly.
All while living that dream. Cuz that rocks.
2 comments:
I love that you are living your dream, Sarah and Lynn asked how you were this weekend and I told them that I WAS concerned but we talked and you explained your side of it to me and I assured them that you were living your dream (coincidence?) And we didn't need to be worried and that you are fine, actually fantastic. Keep it up lady, proud to know you.
You go girl! You have now admitted that you have a problem :-) and you have also realized that you need your "craft/book" time.... and one thing for sure that I know about you - when you realize what needs to be done - you do it! We are so amazed of what you have accomplished, and proud of you... and we love you dearly.
Post a Comment