Tuesday, September 29, 2009
a crisp fall sunrise
One of my favorite times of day occurs when I get in the car to head to work. I have a 20 minute highway commute, and it's a time of reflection, a time to start the day. On very special mornings, I am able to see a beautiful sunrise, a sign of God's love for us. And today was one of those days. As I hit the highway heading west, I saw the scarlet sky in my rear view mirror. Just beginning to come over the horizon, I watched as the sunrise colored the trees from top to bottom, like filling in the paint on a water color. As the sunrise hit the tops of the changing trees, it exploded into oranges, and reds, and golds. Just before I turned to head north, I looked up to see the colors reflected in the arms of a windmill. What an amazing picture it was, what a glorious way to start the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment