Wednesday, August 26, 2009

what does this mean?

I just came from a 2 hour meeting that I was facilitating. In my head, throughout the entire meeting, it was being held from 2:30-4:30. I rushed to get people out on time, so they wouldn't have overtime. I marveled that people in the hall were making dinner, staying so late to work they needed to eat dinner at work. I was very impressed that people were gathering to go for walks after work, not rushing home, but rather taking time out for exercise with coworkers. I knew people had carpools to get to, so I didn't want to keep them late. I was so frustrated with myself - why hadn't I turned down the computer before coming? At this late hour, I could have gone straight home, rather to the other building.

Imagine my surprise, when getting in my car, in seeing the clock read 12:09.

Yep. It was a 10-12 meeting.

In all those "clues" I didn't pick up on my mental error.

Good thing I didn't go straight home....

Think it's time to talk to the doctor about some medication? :-)

No comments: